- Understand where Legionella bacteria come from, how people develop Legionnaires’ disease and how it affects their health.
- Understand their legal responsibilities in regards to preventing and monitoring Legionella.
- Have knowledge of the environments where Legionella bacteria are commonly found.
- Know how to carry out a risk assessment to identify and control the hazards.
- Have an awareness of the control measures that can be used to reduce the risks from Legionella.
- Understand the importance of continually monitoring, reviewing and updating the Legionella control measures.
A pre-requisite of the course is that you hold a valid water regulations certificate (WRAS).
Legionella Prevention and Water Treatment course is designed for operatives who work on residential water supplies and ensure that any water treatment undertaken complies with ACoP document L8
These qualifications expire after five years and you will have to be re-assessed at this point in time.
1 day in the centre.