The Domestic Electrical Installer (DEI) training and assessment package covers electrical work as outlined in the BS7671:2018 18th Edition Wiring Regulations.
The DEI course is for operatives who carry out work on domestic electrical installations as a secondary task to their main role or who wish to offer full electrical installations in domestic properties as a stand-alone task.
If you have no former electrical knowledge or experience then we strongly recommend the Access Electrics course we offer.
This qualification is one of the accreditations required to join a Competent Persons Scheme.
The course covers:
- Component exchange
- Applicable building regulations
- Electrical safety legislation regulations, standards and terminology
- Safe isolation procedures
- Earthing and bonding requirements
- Electrical test procedures
- Installation of electrical components and fittings
- Checking the correct and safe operation of installed electrical components
- Recording of electrical test results, completion of certification and notification requirements
- Special locations
- Domestic lighting circuits, SELV
- Maintaining domestic electrical installations
- 3 Phase supplies